Are you feeling stuck? Just going through the motions of life? Feeling like your life is on autopilot or that you’re walking on a treadmill and making no progress? Dead end job. Dead end relationship. People slowly become accustomed to the pain and dissatisfaction. It happens. And here’s why.
For some people, the canvas of their future is blurry or sketchy. For others the canvas is completely blank. When you ask them what they will be doing in life in 5 or 10 years time they either say ‘I don’t know’ or ‘probably the same thing I’m doing now’
Their lives are dominated by their past and current circumstances/experiences. They have become a responder and not a creator. Sometimes people have achieved their major goals in life and haven’t sat down to determine what the next phase will look like. This frequently happens around midlife.Where will you be in 5 or 10 years time?
- What will you be doing?
- Where will you be living?
- What will be your greatest achievements?
People often come to me with just a vague idea of what they really want. The present is the foundation; there are walls, rooms, décor yet to be added. Have you ever driven past a deserted building site? Weeds have taken over, debris is everywhere. Without a compelling future this is the picture of how people’s lives end up. Dishevelled and neglected.
What is a COMPELLING future?
A compelling future is an image of how life will be for you that excites, motivates and draws you in such a way that you that accepting anything less is accepting mediocrity. You are energised consistently to make it a reality.
Why you need to create a COMPELLING future?
The subconscious is a powerful faculty of the mind that few realise how to utilise. If you have a clear picture of all that you want in your future then the subconscious has the capacity to create strategies and circumstances that will make that a reality. Without clear mental pictures it has nothing to work with.
How do I create a COMPELLING future?
- Write down the ten areas of life that are important to you. (if you are not sure what they are email me for a free life balance assessment)
- Imagine what each of those areas might look like in 10 years time if things worked out perfectly. That’s not winning the lottery BTW…hehe.
- Write down all your hopeful major achievements in the next 10 years.
- Imagine you haven’t seen your best friend for 10 years and you are going to write a letter to update them on your life from 2011 to 2021.
- Date the letter in 10 years time. e.g. 1 July 2021
- Commence the letter with the usual greeting and write. ‘I can hardly believe that it’s been 10 years since we lost contact and I’m now (fill in how old you will be in July 2021) years of age’.
- Detail, in the rest of the opening paragraph, exactly where you are living. I.e. city, country, house, apartment etc. Make it descriptive. Exactly what you want.
- Then continue the rest of the letter talking about all the different areas of your life and how wonderful they are.
- Make sure you include the changes in thinking and behaviours that made you so successful, fulfilled and balanced.
- This letter must be compelling, in that, it excites, inspires and motivates you. It gives you a sense of purpose and mission in life. It looks so fantastic you can’t help but go after it.