What has affectionately become known as my magic lounge needs to be replaced.. The lounge is well worn because it gets more than average use. It’s not used in the usual fashion that lounges are I can tell you. It’s certainly not worn out from endless hours of watching TV or having friends over to sit on it. I do most of my socialising out these days.
If it was just the lounge that created the magic then I’d be able to charge a fortune just to sit on it and advertise. “Sit on my lounge. I guarantee the things dream about on it will come true” But it’s not the location itself it’s what happens there.
I began to think of all the people (several hundred now since I began coaching in 2000)) who sat in the same spot and wore out my lounge. I’ve sat in the same spot as well and, either on the phone or Skype, have coached people all over Australia, UK, USA, United Arab Emirates, Ireland, Brazil Singapore, New Zealand, Hong Kong and Japan. When I think of all the things that are happening now in their lives it’s quite amazing.
After sitting on the magic lounge this is what some are doing?
- Travelling the world in the airline industry
- Entertaining on cruise liners
- New businesses have been created
- Career promotions and 25% increase in salary
- Some whilst working on other areas of their lives, unknowingly created partners it seems for life
- One person is documenting their around the world adventure for Lonely Planet.
- Some left jobs they hated and are now working in jobs that are incredibly rewarding
- Some have successfully negotiated major life transitions that may have overcome others
- Some moved out of industries that were in harmony with their values into ones they were passionate about.
- Another person will commence a new company in a month after spending years of thinking talking about it.
Here’s what happened on the lounge so you know how to create your own magic.
The Five Things that Made the Difference (not the lounge)
- Clients stopped. Coaching created ‘time out’ to focus on them and their life. We turned off the auto-pilot so they could think more consciously/reflectively about their lives and what they really wanted. “I’m just too busy”. I’ve heard it a million times. Nothing will change till you stop. If you don’t stop, you will just keep repeating the patterns that have been created by the autopilot running your life.
- Clients were then able to think more clearly and dream. Once they’d taken time out, we created a space for them to think harder, longer, deeper, more creatively, imaginatively and reflectively than they ever done have before. We ask lots of questions. We explore options. We access important information locked away in the subconscious. Clients dared to dream of a new possibilities.
- Clients made simple but life changing decisions. Your life can change with one decision. That one simple step is the turning point. It’s the one they will look back on and say I decided enough is enough, I decided to stop tolerating. I decided to no longer accept second best or mediocrity. I could give you 100’s examples of times I decided to make a change that is now a reality. A proverb says, ‘A double minded person is unstable in all their ways’. My clients I WILL statements begin the transformation and they stop vacillating.
- Clients began to put thoughts down on paper. All of my clients have done lots of writing. Writing about their current position. Honest writing. Removing all blaming, justifying, denying and excusing. Writing about their preferred future. The reason many people can’t move into a wonderful future is that the canvas of their future is blank or fuzzy with no real clarity. Write up your goals and dreams. Document the goals, plans and strategies.
- Clients took action. Nothing happens without action. A goal is a dream with a deadline. My clients decided to make changes and put that decision into action steps. We chunk the goal down into simple, easy steps with realistic deadlines. Fail to plan – plan to fail. It takes one simple step to get you underway. When they leave the session they will be taking that first step within 24/48 hours. Some of these things they had previously thought about doing for a long time. Procrastination; putting it off till next week, month or year meant it previously hadn’t happened.
Coaching can give you a whole new perspective in life.
If you are considering the possibility of being coached, I offer a no obligation, complimentary, one hour consultation
Please Note: I have successfully coached clients in the many parts of the world and all over Australia either on the phone , via the internet (Skype etc.) and face to face for people in Sydney. Face to face or using other forms of communication, clients always get the same life-changing results. Your privacy is always respected and strict confidentiality assured.