In my previous post I talked about waking up to ourselves. This means becoming conscious, aware and turning off the auto-pilot.
New levels of self-awareness arise which then produces significant changes, not only in our thinking. but also beliefs and behaviours. Old patterns of limiting thinking and blindness are broken.
- You will STOP doing some things
- You will START doing other things
- You will LEARN
- You will REALISE
- You will AWAKEN
Here are 15 things that can happen when you wake up.
- You realize that in the real world there aren’t always fairy tale endings, and that any guarantee of “happily ever after” must begin with you. And in the process a sense of serenity is born of acceptance.
- You learn the importance of loving and championing yourself and in the process a sense of newfound confidence is born of self-approval and acknowledgement..
- You stop complaining and blaming other people for the things they did to you – or didn’t do for you.
- You realize it’s time to stop hoping and waiting for someone to change or for happiness, safety and security to magically appear over the horizon.
- You awaken to the fact that you are not perfect and that not everyone will always love, appreciate, or approve of who you are. They are entitled to their own views and opinions and that’s OK.
- You learn that people don’t always say what they mean or mean what they say and that not everyone will always be there for you and that everything isn’t always about you.
- You learn to distinguish between guilt and responsibility, the importance of setting boundaries and learning to say NO and to stand on your own and to take care of yourself and in the process a sense of safety and security is born of self-reliance.
- You stop judging and pointing fingers and you begin to accept people as they are and to overlook their shortcomings and human frailties and in the process a sense of peace and contentment is born of forgiveness and non-judgment.
- You learn to open up to new worlds and different points of view. You start reassessing and redefining who you are and what you really stand for.
- You learn that there is power in creating and contributing and you stop manoeuvring through life merely as a “consumer” looking for your next fix.
- You learn the difference between wanting and needing and you begin to discard the doctrines and values you’ve outgrown and that principles, such as honesty and integrity, are the mortar that holds together the foundation upon which you must build a life.
- You learn that you don’t know everything, it’s not your job to save the world and that you can’t teach a pig to sing.
- You learn that the only cross to bear is the one you choose to carry and that martyrs get burned at the stake.
- You learn that alone does not mean lonely and instead of being by yourself you are with yourself.
- You stop trying to control people, situations and outcomes.
Self-awareness and discovery is accelerated through coaching. Book your complimentary one hour coaching consultation online here.